Up to 25km of Limestone Coast roads will be significantly improved starting Monday thanks to the State Government’s latest maintenance and sealing project.
Coming at a cost of $2 million, the works aim to drastically improve the quality of road surface, ensure their ongoing sustainability and address safety concerns.
The project will be completed in two parts, with maintenance works starting commencing on Monday 16 January 2016, followed by resealing works on Thursday, 9 February 2017.
It is expected that the entirety of the upgrades will be finished by April 2017 if workers aren’t impeded by weather conditions.
The works will be done between the hours of 7am to 5:30pm Monday-Saturday, so commuters should expect some delays in their normal travel. For safety purposes, there will be a 25 km/h speed limit whilst workers are actively working at the sites.
The project has been funded via $1.6 million from the Periodic Road Maintenance Program and $382 000 from the Critical Road Maintenance Program.
The resealing works are taking place at the following locations:
• Riddoch Highway, approximately 7km south of Naracoorte for 2.0km
• Riddoch Highway, approximately 31km south of Naracoorte for 2.2km
• Riddoch Highway, approximately 10km south of Penola for 1.2km
• Riddoch Highway, approximately 12km south of Penola for 1.9km
• Riddoch Highway, approximately 16km south of Tarpeena for 3.8km
• Avenue Range Road, approximately 5km east of Reedy Creek for 2.0km
• Princes Highway, approximately 26km south of Meningie for 1.9km
• Princes Highway, approximately 45km south of Millicent for 0.255km
• Southern Ports Highway, approximately 9km south of Beachport for 3.6km
• Glenelg River Road, approximately 1km south of Mount Gambier for 1.4km
• Glenelg River Road, approximately 23km south of Mount Gambier for 4.6km
Acting Minister for Transport and Infrastructure Pete Malinauskas asked for patience whilst the important works are taking place.
“These upgrades across 11 sections of road and 25km will improve road safety while also providing a smoother drive for those living in or travelling through the Limestone Coast.
We ask people to be patient while the works are taking place. While road restrictions may cause some short term inconvenience, the resulting upgraded roads will be of great benefit.”
Expotrade Australia Pty Ltd
Suite 1, Level 1, 2 Brandon Park Drive
Wheelers Hill VIC 3150 Australia